This topic provides information on accessibility features for Oracle Taleo Learn.
Click here to return to the LearnCenter
Recommendations for Accessibility
The following are leading practices for ensuring accessibility with Learn:
- Have List view set as the default view for Widgets.
- For 'Display User's Name As' choose a setting that displays more than only username.
- Long and Short date formats should follow consistent patterns (month always at the end or the beginning)
- Good Example: Using a long date format of Month d, yyyy with a short date format of m/d/yyyy
- Bad Example: Using a long date format of Month d, yyyy with a short date format of yyyy/d/m
- Oracle Taleo Learn recommends using a short date format that has a 1-digit month and day, and a 2-digit year (example: m/d/yy).
- The mini-dashboard on the Learning Plans and My Tasks Widgets works as filter selections on the main page of those Widgets.
- On the detail pages, the mini-dashboard area is informational/read-only for the selected item.
- The mini-dashboard area of the Transcript Widget is always informational/read-only.
- The sort options are contextual to each Widget type and will vary based on the type of Widget.
- For all Widgets the Find button will search for items that meet the criteria selected.
- If a User accidently clicks Drop, they can click Enroll again to re-enroll.
- The filter dialog's Reset button clears the filters of their current values, however Users will need to click the Find button to apply the updated selections.
- The Find button will close the filter dialog and apply the current selections.
- The filter dialog can also be closed without applying any filter updates using the "esc" key or click the Filters button again.
- If a User is in the filter dialog and has opened a date picker, they will need to click the "esc" key twice to exit the modal; one time to close the date picker (the dialog in focus), and the second to close the filter dialog.
- On the Learning Plan widget's filters dialog, the status "drop-down" is read as a button by JAWS. This control is not a regular button, but a drop-down that contains a list of selectable items.
Assistive Technology Notes
- To traverse drop-down fields, JAWS Users may have to use the "alt" key + down arrow.
- When on the filter dialog of a Widget, JAWS Users may not know the filters were applied.
- If "there are no results" is not audible, then there are results that can be tabbed through.
- The widget date picker is not accessible through JAWS or keyboard. Users must manually enter dates.
- To select buttons JAWS users may have to use the "enter" key rather than the space bar to activate the button.
- Oracle Taleo Learn recommends the use of JAWS version 17 with either IE or Firefox.
- Oracle Taleo Learn recommends that the Voice Adjustment Punctuation setting in JAWS is set to "Most" for LearnCenter date formats to be read correctly.
Widget Icon Legend
The following ia a list of icons that are displayed in Learn's Widgets :
- Action Needed icon
- Attachment icon
- Status - Audit
- Status - Approved
- Status - Assigned
- Status - Completed
- Status - Denied
- Status - Due Soon
- Status - Failed
- Status - Incomplete
- Status - In Progress
- Status - New
- Status - Not Assigned
- Status - Overdue / Past Due
- Status - Pending
- Status - Recurring
- Status - Removed
- Status - Waitlisted
- The Widget Card view is not accessible. It is recommend that Users use the List view for accessibility.
- In a Widget filter dialog, the date format hint text for date fields is not available for keyboard-only Users. Error text will be displayed when the wrong date format is entered.
- Using JAWS with IE11, some of the Widget objects might be read more than once and the selected sort of the Widget may not be read.
- Widget links to the Instructor, Admin, and Reviewed By open the LearnCenter's Communications Center which is not accessible.
- The Transcript Widget's Download Files dialog is not accessible.>
Click here to return to the LearnCenter